Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ARC Review: Gotta Go To Come Back by Anne Kemp


Gotta Go To Come Back by Ann Kemp

Publisher:  Premier Digital Publishing
Series: Abby George Series #3
Genre: Contemporary
Release Date: January 6, 2013
Summary:
Abby George is back in LA, wrapping up her life and prepping for her official move to the Caribbean island of St. Kitts. As she and her stepbrother Ben begin to pack up her home, Abby finds herself facing a few life-altering questions: Will this city girl be able to walk away from her old life as easily as she thought she could? Will the return of her ex-fiance help or hurt her decision? In the end, one can only hope Abby will understand she had to go…to come back!




Rating:


Review: 
I started this series by getting an ARC of the first book- a novella as well- through Netgalley.
And I got hooked by the characters more than anything else- went and got the second book immediately and read it. Then I got Gotta Go to Come Back. So I read all three sequels back to back.
Sadly I think this is the worst in some ways. Because Abby started to really annoy me! About three quarters into this, I just felt like shacking her. Her need to have options and way them all up, getting into a tizz about them, not making any decisions was annoying. Especially considering she actually had made decisions already. She had chosen, so behaving the way she did, was her doubting her previous decisions and honestly I felt totally like Andrew. So GOT his reaction.
The thing I really did enjoy in the series though are the different relationships Abby does have. And I really enjoy her relationship with Ben. Kemp somehow got that part down, she excels at writing about the different relationships in a way that's endearing but also so realistic it strikes a cord within me.
Though not my favorite in this series, I enjoyed meeting the old crew again and a few mysteries were lifted but also there are a few more added to the list of unanswered questions from Rum Punch Regrets.
Which make me wonder is there going to be another installment?

Fun, light read, especially for lovers of the series



ARC was provided by Publishers through Netgalley. Thank you!




View all my reviews here


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...