Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken




The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken


Pages: 240 Pages (Kindle Edition)
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: March 26, 2013
Summary:
"I have a proposition for you..."
Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus's mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.
Four days.
She could do four days!
But she wasn't counting on Jake’s older brother Travis being there to witness their farce of an engagement.
One thing is for certain.
One brother is right for her.
One wants a lifetime.
And one is in league with the devil.
She should have gotten Jake’s signature in blood.


Rating:


Review: 

Another try on romance.
And yep, another failed attempt.

It's quite well written. Just.. well ... so cliche, so done before.

The banter is fun, but again, nothing I haven't read before. The storyline extremely predictable.
It's your classic romance book with the love you forever and ever after insta-love hit me at the tender age of 8 and a love triangle thrown in to boot.
Well and there is where it went wrong for me- call me a cynic, but I don't believe in insta-love and soul mates and all that. And probably that's where the issue with romance novels and me lye. I'm not one of the girls who were hoping for a white wedding and a happily ever after as a kid. I do however sometimes enjoy fluff and cute. Just... not so predictable and cliche
This has it all: the love at first sight, love triangle, rich bachelor, insecure and super hot orphan girl, the showdown and naturally the super cheesy HEA. 
I did roll my eyes a hell of a lot in this book, it's very cliche, it's what everybody tell you is romantic and I guess most people consider to be romantic. So if you like that kind of thing, I'm sure it will be your kinda book. Me, well, not so much.  I found the end a bit creepy- he kept stuff for her?! and decorated his house with it. i would have run as far as i could and taken out a restraining order- I would have definitely not thought it was romantic. But well, I guess I am hopeless in this field after all.
A book for lovers of this genre, not for people who like to dabble with the idea like me.






(click on the name for more reviews of this geek)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...