Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton


Melting the Ice


Author: Jaci Burton
Publisher: Berkley
Series: Play by Play #7
Pages: Paperback, 336 pages
Genre: Romance
Release Date: February 4th 2014



Summary:

Body Check

Everything’s coming together for budding fashion designer Carolina Preston. Only months away from having her own line, she could use some publicity. That’s when her brother suggests his best friend as a model - hockey player Drew Hogan.

Carolina and Drew already have a history - a hot one, back in college. Unforgettable for Carolina, but for Drew, just another slap shot. This time, though, it’s different. His perfect body would be for professional use only. This time, she could use him.

Drew is all for it. He’s looking forward to the exposure. Plus, it would give him a chance to prove to Carolina that he’s changed. If only he could thaw her emotions, convince her to let down her guard - and let him in just one more time...





Review:

I am not sure why I kept reading this. Around a third in I was bored by it. But I kept going ... Half way it was clear to me that this will never be my kinda book ... And still I kept going.
When I finally finished it- it felt like a huge achievement to get to the end of this book - I felt relieve that I was done. And ever since I am wondering WHY on earth I kept reading it?
Clearly this is not my kind of book.

The plot bored me, the smut left me totally cold and the characters - well honestly - even if I could ignore that they were uber- cliche - the dialogues were woody and well, beyond cliche...

And still I read the entire thing? I think because I had hopes that this could be better- would get better ... The idea though not the most inventive- a sports hottie falling for his best friends sister-- could have been sooooo good
Oh and the dude is a hockey player... I mean this should be good right? But well it wasn't.
I love hockey but even the hockey scenes did not work for me at all. They felt formulated and woody.

So why did I keep reading? I don't know!! I can tell why I started it though- have you seen the cover? Yep, I am at times a cover slut (ok I totally am one, always) Add to that the promise of a a hockey cute and fluffy.. You got me! Apparently even when I end up not enjoying it at all

All in all lots of promise sadly it was all delivered in a too cliche and formulated way - just not my thing

Rating: 






(click on the name for reviews of this geek)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...