Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review: The Dragon Finds Forever by Kristen Painter


The Dragon Finds Forever


Author: Kristen Painter
Publisher: Sugar Skull Books
Series: Nocturne Falls #7
Pages: Kindle Edition, 240 pages
Genre: PNR
Release Date: February 21st 2017



Summary:

Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year.

The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better.

Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs, fur, and all.

Monalisa Devlin is a Will O’ The Wisp, a rare and potentially dangerous creature. Unfortunately, her greedy father makes sure she lives up to that potential. Monalisa is magically compelled to obey her father's evil commands--until he finally agrees to free her in exchange for one, last mission: Travel to Nocturne Falls and use her powers to force Ivan Tsvetkov back into the ring.

Once a champion on the supernatural MMA circuit, Ivan 'The Hammer' Tsvetkov retired after a devastating injury that left him unable to shift into his dragon form. Wounded and embittered, Ivan wants nothing more than to be left alone. Until an infuriating, stubborn, delicately beautiful stranger shows up on his doorstep and demands that he rebuild his life.

Posing as a rehab therapist seemed like the easiest way to get close to the smoldering recluse, but Monalisa quickly realizes that nothing about this mission is going to be easy. To gain his trust, she shares more of herself than she ever has before, and as their connection deepens, so does the weight of her secrets. She thought she was willing to do whatever it took to win her independence...but when her deception blows up in her face, will Monalisa discover that the loss of Ivan's heart is too high a price to pay? Or will their love rise from the ashes to burn stronger than ever?





Review:

A feel good kinda book!
Literally had me grinning most of the time. It's the perfect cute&fluffy PNR.
I thoroughly enjoyed Lisa and Van's romance. It fits perfectly into the series and yet works as a standalone as well
This is a signature Painter novel. The writing style is beautiful, lighthearted with cute and fun banter.
No smut whatsoever. Perfect swoony romance writing.

The story line is the usual with it's own twist. I really enjoyed this one. There were so many sweet moments. It was fun revisiting Nocturne Falls and seeing it and it's residents from a different POV. The little twist in the end was priceless, though I was totally gunning for them to go ahead anyway. The end is more realistic and suits the characters but I am just saying I would have loved the double thingy... (not saying more don't wanna spoiler things)

The character building makes this series shine, in my opinion. Lisa and Van have interesting personality. Both much deeper than at first glance. And the support cast holds some of my favorite NF residents, it was nice to revisit but also interesting to see where they are at in their lives.
The villain was a bit flat however. I expected somehow more. I don't know why. I guess because of Lisa's build up about him? I just expected more trouble and bigger odds. We only had minimal contact with the villain and I felt in compare to the rest of the cast he was just too cliche and one dimensional.

The world building is .. well.. for a lack of words... sweet. It is also the only part of the book that I felt a bit disappointed in. I think, the fact that Painter usually has the perfect balance between her own twist, the classic supernatural, mythology and Nocturn Falls set my expectations really high. The dragons were cool. I loved that side of the world building. The leprechaun side however left me with questions and to be honest I have very little clue about Lisa's kind. Which I found a tad annoying - there was all this mention about it, but I personally couldn't make a full picture of her supernatural side.

A fabulous addition to the series
A must read for lovers of the genre!


Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...