Thursday, March 14, 2013

Geek Wanderings: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium

La Fnac

Louvain-la-Neuve 

Belgium






In search of the books stores to visit all over the world I asked Glamdring about her favorite local bookstore
Her choice: La Fnac, Louvain-la-Neuve. 

Glamdring is a GR friends. And one of the few people who can convince me to read anything. Partly because I know that she is way to nice to make me read something she isn't pretty sure I am going to like. Glam lives in Belgium and kindly went and took photos of her favorite book shop and patiently endured my little interview!

What genre do you like?
I like all kind of genre. PRN, romantic suspense, contemporary romances, sport romances, historical romances, romantica, fantasy, classics, graphic novels... As you can see mostly romance books but I also like to read about sciences, philosophy,... It depends on my mood.
I don't like young adult and dystopia genres.

Where do you buy your books? 
Online and local bookstores.

Are you a library user?
No. I like to own the books of authors I like.
I have a college library user card, its purpose is purely academics.

Do you read ebooks or Hardcopies?

Both.

What's your favorite book(s)? Favorite authors?
Can't tell. I have too many.

Which book store did you choose?
La Fnac, Louvain-la-Neuve.

Why?
It's one of the book store I like to go when I want to buy books for my kids, graphic novels, art books,... or any book written in French in general.

What do you like about it?

It's big, so there is a lot of choice. I also like the service. (Before I discover The Book Depository I ordered a LOT of English written books there, to the point that they recognize my voice before I have the chance to introduce myself.)

How often do you visit?

It depends.

Whats your favorite thing about it?

It's also a record shop and I can buy iTunes cards.

What's your favorite section?

Art books.

If I would visit  Louvain-la-Neuve, what other book places would you suggest to see?

The Librairie Libris Agora. It's also a "general" book store, smaller but its academic section is better than the one at la Fnac who is nonexistent.
If you are a graphic novels or mangas fan I'd also recommend Slumberland.

Thank you so much Glamdring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...