Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid



Neanderthal Seeks Human

Author: Penny Reid
Series: Knitting in the City #1
Genre: Romance
Release Date: June 25th 2014
Audible Audio 14 hours and 24 minutes



Summary:
There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.




Review:

I rarely re-read books, my TBR is way to huge to get around to it but also there are very few book I think are worth re-reading. Neanderthal Seeks Human, definitely is.
I loved it the first time around, which is a while ago and decided to re-read this on a whim, when I heard about the read-along that was held.
And boy am I glad I did!
I think I actually enjoyed it more this time around, or I simply kinda forgot how awesomely geeky, funny and wonderful this book is.

The plots is cute and fluffy par excellence. It's real life with a touch of fantastic. The romance is yummy. Sorry I can't come up with an other word. It's slow and intense and swoony. I was dying for them to FINALLY kiss. Not much smut, well there is but not much detail. And frankly I love that.

The writing is Penny Reid. Well, I have read basically everything the woman has published (Actually I missed one book- which shall be fixed right away, will come back to that later) so it's save to say I love it. Reid has the perfect amount of geek, wonderful descriptions and interesting insight to make her prose perfect for this genre.

The character building. WELL. It's simply put ingenious! It's the best part of the entire series. I love the characters Reid has created. I feel like I know them. And re-reading was like visiting old friends. I wish I was part of the knitting club. btw. And when Reid went off on a description of expensive yarns and all that, I felt so at home, lol.
Janie is naive and yet so insightful - though completely blind to the obvious. I love her rambling thoughts. While I am vastly different than Janie- for starters I am socially completely adept- I am known for overthinking things and knowing random facts. Though I am not sure why I actually know them... Her trivia was super entertaining and left me wondering: Does Reid know these things of the top of her head, or did she ask our best friend google?
I found myself wanting to google some of the topics I actually knew very little about (the frog call as example)
Quinn is enigmatic, hot and alpha in the best way. And aparently totally my type. He is one of my fav male characters Reid has created thus far- well now I am thinking about it, I also do like Cletus and Alex.. okay I think I just like Reid males (smirks)
Anyway Quinn is the quintessential hot alpha in my books and the fact that he admires Janie's mind makes him even more amazing.

The narration of the audiobook needs some mention as well. I mean I read this before, so I decided to listen to the audio for the read-along. AND boy was I in for a pleasant surprise!! Jennifer Grace does not only have the perfect voice for Janie. She also does an amazing job at the narration. Her voice for Quinn as example - priceless. (I also like her voice for Fiona) She brought the characters to live and I absolutely loved every minute of the audio.

I loved the read-along, it was fun chatting with the other readers and Fiona's one sentence chapter summaries were the BEST.
I hope there will be more read-alongs soooooooon. (when is the next? does anyone know??)

Because of all the above I am rounding up- 5 shining, happy stars


So basically if you haven't read it, ITS A MUST!! What you waiting for? Go read it!!
And if you have? Hope you were part of the readalong- cause it was really good fun! If not, go reread it.

I have discovered that I missed a book, to be exact Neanderthal Marries Human. Which I shall fix right about now... *takes a bow and runs to find her kindle*





Rating: 










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...