Monday, May 11, 2015

Review: Only For Us by Cristin Harber


Only For Us


Author: Cristin Harber
Publisher: Mill Creek Press
Series: Only #3
Pages: Kindle Edition, 76 pages
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: April 14th 2015



Summary:

The third installment of the Only series. Must be read in order.

Grayson and Emma. First love. True love. And... they have a daughter. Abandonment is his curse. He left his woman, survived his team, and missed the moment most precious to a father. Until now.

"I didn't know you were killing yourself with work. I didn't know you're raising our daughter. So help me God, had I known, there is no military force on earth that would've kept me from you."

Love needs to heal all, or they won't survive the collision of their separate lives. Emma must reach deep into her heart that is barely hanging on and find forgiveness. Grayson, wrecked with PTSD-filled nightmares, must prove that he's here to stay and able to rebuild his family against all odds.

"I need to say I love you. But what I mean is I love you--in a way that defies definition and exists only in a world that you and I are in."

Only for Us is the third installment in the Only series. All novellas will release Spring 2015.



Review:

Another great instalment! And another one that ends with a cliffy. Though I did see that one coming from a mile. I just new thats how Only for Us will end.
But does that ease my need to get my hands on the next serial? Nope, not at all.
So the plot was not very surprising. But I enjoyed every single minute spent reading this one. It's a pleasure to absorb Harber's writing. Seriously. I utterly enjoyed this instalment, due to how well it was written.

"Damn. He looks like an old man rotting away from the inside out who just suffered through a barroom brawl. His wrinkled skin is checked with gray stubble. His sunken eyes are black, and scratches color his skin. His split lip is yellow and nicotine stained as is the hand wrapped around the generic-looking beer can."

This quote kinda outlines for me why I like reading Harber's books. And it struck me while I was reading the quote, that I kinda knew there wouldn't be loads of surprises, and while loads of the character building had been done in the previous instalment, I adore this instalment, because I simply enjoy Harber's unfolding of the story, the entire ride of it. Just love how talented Harber is in her craft.
Oh and don't get me wrong, there are so many epic moments in this.The MCs to grow and overcome small and big hurdles. And again, I was awestruck with Harber's talent. She does push the emotions, gets real, tugs on your heart strings but not too much, not too little just enough. Just the right amount.
For me this instalment proved page after page, why Harber is one of my favorite authors in her genre.

Just one more instalment and I can't wait to get my HEA!

Rating: 




(click on the name for reviews of this geek)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...