Friday, April 21, 2017

ARC Review: It Happened on Love Street by Lia Riley


It Happened on Love Street

Author: Lia Riley
Publisher: Forever
Series: Everland, Georgia #1
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 25th 2017



Summary:

The most romantic place she never wanted to be . . .

Pepper Knight moved to Everland, Georgia, as step one in her plan for a successful legal career. But after this big-city gal's plans go awry, going home with her tail between her legs isn't an option. So when the town vet-and her sexy new neighbor-offers Pepper a temporary dog-walking job, she jumps at the chance. No one needs to know that man's best friend is her worst nightmare . . . or that Everland's hot animal whisperer leaves her panting.

The last thing Rhett Valentine wants is to be the center of small-town gossip. After his first love left him at the altar, he's been there, done that. These days, life is simple, just the way he likes it. But sultry southern nights get complicated once sparks fly between him and the knockout next door. When she proposes a sexy, secret fling-all the deliciousness and none of the prying neighbors-it seems too good to be true. And it is. Because Pepper's determined to leave Love Street, and when she goes, she just might take his heart with her . . .




Review:

So let's just cut to the chase. My issue with this is mostly Pepper. She annoyed me most of the book. She was too ditzy, dramatic and too goodie-goodie. I could not relate to her "need" to take care, because it simply felt fake. Then again if you read the book you will realise that actually that part is quite brilliantly done. And while she grated on me, I loved the rest of the cast. They, at least most of them, were a tad eccentric but really likable. Rhett and Beau are total heart-throbs. And I don't mean just the fact that they are aparently uber hotties, but they are really interesting and good guys.

The story line is a super sweet cute & fluffy set in an adorable small town, complete with the town villain ala Psycho. Seriously the mother reminded me a bit of the film, lol.
At times it was a tad to saccharine for me. BUT I am rather jaded, so I am sure, that I am one of the few people who will feel like that.

The writing is witty and light hearted. I actually expected something with a tad more substance. I think that I'll always will measure everything Riley writes on Every Breath. I know this isn't fair whatsoever, but it is one of my favorite books, I still revel in Riley beautiful descriptions of Patagonia and I simply can't help it.
I love that Riley however isn't stuck in the same same and each series has it own vibes. Totally creative. I am more of a Wanderlust series person, still this is cute. (even if it's possibly too cute) It reminds me of some great rom-com movies.
Saying  all this, the question remains: will I read Tuesday's story? Hell yes! I wish I could get my hands on it N.O.W.
Because while I found some of Rhett's confession a tad over the top and I felt like giving Pepper a good smack every now and then, the rest of the story was thoroughly entertaining.
A fun and quirky rom-com.


Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...