Monday, November 20, 2017

ARC Review: Head Coach by Lia Riley


Head Coach

Author: Lia Riley
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Series: Hellions Angels #2
Pages: Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 159 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 21st 2017



Summary:

Neve Angel’s life is all work and no play, but she wouldn’t have it any other way. One of Denver’s top sports reporters, she's fought hard to make it in a male-dominated world, and she won’t back down from a fight with anyone–not even the Hellions’ gruff head coach, Tor Gunnar. Her hostile relationship with the icy Scandinavian is the stuff of local legend.

Tor Gunnar hates dealing with the media; at best, they are a nuisance and at worst, a distraction. And no one distracts him more than the scrappy, sexy reporter who gets him hot under the collar. When he wins a not-so-friendly bet with Neve, he decides it’s high time they either kiss or kill each other, and invites her as a date to an out-of-town wedding.

But what happens when enemies become lovers? Will they be able to smother their sizzling attraction, or is it time to start playing for keeps?




Review:

Head Coach was a fun read. I enjoyed it very much.
Lots of things to like. A fun cute & fluffy with some great chemistry thrown in.
I like this installment in the series much better than Mister Hockey.
The romance was just like in the first book a bit cliche and very vanilla.
But very enjoyable.

In this installment Riley went much more into the character building. Which is why I like Head Coach better than Mister Hockey.
We get to see old character, which was awesome. I was looking forward to reading Tor's story after MH, and I wasn't disappointed by his POV. While I found Nev at times exasperating, I did really connect with her.
My favorite part however were the group scenes. I loved the support cast and the interaction between friends and foe alike. Interesting dynamics set up two strong & flawed characters. Very well done!

Why only 3.5 Stars?
Well, there is the vanilla romance. But more than, that it's boasting a lot of rom-com cliches.
And then there is the plot. It's kinda predictable. I don't mind that so much. But there was this build-up, to poof being solved so conveniently. I mean way to conveniently.

While there is a thread going through and they are clearly set one after the other. The books work as standalone. Let me tell you however: read them both. They are a wonderful weekend treat!

I shall be trying to be patient until March 2018, because I can't wait to read the next instalment. It will be interesting for sure!


Rating: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...