Friday, December 14, 2012

Opal


Lux #3

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: December 11, 2012


Summary:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it

Rating: 1.5 Stars

Review:
Why?!
That's the question i am stuck with after reading this....
While I liked the first book enough- i think Armentrout got Katy's feelings right in Obsidian, all the emotional stuff so 17year old girl -- i was totally disappointed in Onyx. Katy was just whining all the way, but at least there was some action at the end...
This book well there was some action.. but not the kind I was hoping for. NOTHING actually happened in Opal. I mean there were entire chapters of Daemon and Katy making out and telling each other how much the are into each other. BUT that's about all there happened. About halfway in I thought this would be actually better than Onyx, I was hoping they would do something.
AS I said, well they didn't.
I wont even go into any of the characters, because there wasnt much character building done in the last couple of books of these Series. Blake the creepy villain came back, and I think it was a really bad attempt by Armentrout to make one wonder where he stands and what his plans are... I found she tried way too hard, and it was totally transparent. So no surprise there.

So I am still left with the WHY? Why write 5books in a Series when the story could have made 2 or 3 good books? Why write this book, a book that has very little story line? HONESTLY Why?

Will I read the next book?
I wasn't going to read Opal- so I guess never say never!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...