Friday, March 14, 2014

Review: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson


Words of Radiance

Author: Brandon Sanderson
Publisher: Gollancz
Series: The Stormlight Archive #2
Pages: Paperback, 1088 pages
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Release Date: March 4t, 2014


Summary:

In the first volume, we were introduced to the remarkable world of Roshar, a world both alien and magical, where gigantic hurricane-like storms scour the surface every few days and life has adapted accordingly. Roshar is shared by humans and the enigmatic, humanoid Parshendi, with whom they are at war. Among those caught up in the conflict are Highprince Dalinar Kholin, who leads the human armies; his neice Jasnah, a renowned scholar; her student Shallan, a brilliant but troubled young woman; and Kaladin, a military slave who, by the book’s end, was beginning to become the first magically endowed Knight Radiant in centuries.

In Words of Radiance their intertwined stories will continue and, as Sanderson fans have come to expect, develop in unexpected, wonderfully surprising directions. The war with the Parshendi will move into a new, dangerous phase, as Dalinar leads the human armies deep into the heart of the Shattered Plains in a bold attempt to finally end it. Shallan will come along, hoping to find the legendary, perhaps mythical, city of Urithuru, which Jasnah believes holds a secret vital to mankind’s survival on Roshar. The Parshendi take a dangerous step to strengthen themselves for the human challenge, risking the return of the fearsome Voidbringers of old. To deal with it all, Kaladin must learn how to fulfill his new role, while mastering the powers of a Windrunner.


Review:


I don't think I can actually write a review for this book. I just can't. I can only express everything I went through.


When I started the book:


While I was reading the book:


While I came across one of those awesome scenes:


When something bad was about to happen:


When something good was about to happen:



Whenever something awesome happened:


Whenever something unexpected happened:


Whenever my favorite characters were close to dying:


Whenever Kaladin and Shallan met/talked/quarreled:



When I had to stop reading:


When I started reading again:


When I was close to finishing:


When I was done:
(I still don't know what to do with my life anymore)




Anyway, Mr. Sanderson, just one request:

PUBLISH THOSE BOOKS FASTER! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME? I'M GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T PUBLISH BOOKS SOONER. I'MGOINGTODIESCREAMINGINSIDE IJUSTDON'TKNOWWHATTODO WHATHAVEYOUDONETOME....



All this because:




Rating: 







(click on the name for reviews of this geek)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...