Saturday, November 1, 2014

Being MIA and getting back in the swing of things



October was another MIA kinda time for me. Well, when it comes to reading and the all book things at least. I literally worked 29days in October 2014. Many of those days more than 10hrs.
Which, quite frankly, is kinda ridiculous.

The consequences:
  • I got my New Years resolution for 2015.. I shall work less and have more me time.  Hopefully.
  • But more immediate this meant I did kinda little reading and no reviewing in October, blogging? uhm, well it was nearly non existent. Since not only I but also my co-bloggers were sucked up by hectic RL schedules. Closet Geeks and Slow Mo sadly is a bit of a slow place atm.

With several of my projects taken care of and finished, I took a breather yesterday, the one day of October  I didn't work, and made a couple of decisions.
Frankly I feel I am too old for this - or maybe 2years of super hectic work schedules just did me in- SOOO I decided to put several project on hold. Simply had to accept that I am just human. So I will only have two work projects on the goat any one time for the foreseeable future. Which means I got only 6days weeks! woot woot!
And more importantly I can get back into reading and reviewing books.

Which is why I am blabbering away here...

Having been really lacking in the ARC reviewing and reading department- I shall concentrate on those for November. Naturally I made a list.
I decided that I should try and keep a two reviews and one ARC a week schedule going for the rest of the year.
I am looking forward to reading more reviews, chatting more with my reading buddies and book friends. Frankly, I really missed all of you! I missed having time to indulge in one of my favorite past times, reading, nearly as much. Funny enough, I only realised how much I really care for the book community when I got forcefully cut off from it.
So I guess enough said.

Bottom line:

I will try to work less and read more. 

And frankly I think this is a life motto one should follow.. always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...