Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Review: Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin


Third Base


Author: Heidi McLaughlin

Series: The Boys of Summer #1
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: November 4th 2015



Summary:


Ethan Davenport is already Boston’s most eligible bachelor. In his second season with the Boston Renegades he has set his eyes on the girl behind the visitors’ dugout.

That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan.

But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, school finals and his presence on her campus for some much needed media training.

For Ethan nothing can come between him and Daisy, until a secret that she’s been keeping threatens to destroy them both.




Review:




Buuuut this just is at best boring....


There are long passages with baseball details. I am not a baseball fan, so I am not sure if all those rather scripted feeling details work better for a fan. For me how ever they were just sleep inducing.



Actually most of this was. It was really long wound.
I could have lived with that, but then there are all the cliches
I mean it's packed with every damn cliche of the genre I could think of.


Well and if that wasn't bad enough...
The characters are ... annoying?
I mean let's not even look at the romance- insta everything, while pretending we taking it slow- but DUDE?! trustworthy much?!
Both act in ways I found annoying, not that I was surprised by ANY of the twists. Nope this is predictable deluxe. Not only are all the characters super cliche they also felt impersonal and uninteresting.
I finished this, feeling like....







Rating: 








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...