Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Review: Why I Loathe Sterling Lane by Ingrid Paulson



Why I Loathe Sterling Lane

Author: Ingrid Paulson
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Pages: Paperback, 287 pages
Genre: YA
Release Date: June 6th 2017



Summary:

Per her 537 rules, Harper Campbell keeps her life tidy—academically and socially. But the moment Sterling Lane transfers into her tiny boarding school, her twin brother gets swept up in Sterling’s pranks and schemes and nearly gets expelled. Harper knows it’s Sterling’s fault, and to protect her brother, she vows to take him down. As she exposes his endless school violations, he keeps striking back, framing her for his own infractions. Worst of all, he’s charmed the administration into thinking he’s harmless, and only Harper sees him for the troublemaker he absolutely is.

As she breaks rule after precious rule in her battle of wits against Sterling and tension between them hits a boiling point, she’s horrified to discover that perhaps the two of them aren’t so different. And maybe she doesn't entirely hate him after all. Teaming up with Sterling to save her brother might be the only way to keep from breaking the most important rule—protecting Cole.




Review:

Great cute & fluffy that hits all the high school hate to love notes.

Why I Loathe Sterling Lane reminded me of some of my favorite teen movies. In the best way possible. I really enjoyed reading it.
But and there is always a but, it reminded me of teen movies. A lot.
So while it is possibly not the most innovative, it does have quite a bit of cliche in there after all, it is however very entertaining. I really enjoyed reading it. In fact so much so that I read it in practically one sitting. Which seems a rather rare thing for me these days.
This is mainly due to the fun plot but also because of the great and witty writing of Paulson. I loved her humor and this had me chuckling to myself on several occasions.
The character building was at the beginning rather expected. So quite typecast. But as the book went on we got more layers to MCs and the support cast. I ended up really liking the crew. I should mention that this is told from POV view. And she was beyond judgmental and put everyone into a box in the beginning. But she does end up seeing different sides to herself and the others, she does significant character growth during the course of the book, which is why I ended up liking her a lot. But even when I felt she was full of it, I could relate. Her insecurities were relatable. I just couldn't relate to her rigidity and her overzealousness. I mean I am Mrs. procrastination after all... writing outlines before a class? Has never and will never happen.
My biggest issue with the character building however, was that they felt much older not like 17year old kids... Even their pranks ect. They just didn't seem high schoolers, they felt like last year in college
. It is a minor thing I know.

Why I loathe Sterling Lane was fun, cute, adorable and everything else I want from a cute & fluffy. A must read!

Rating: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...