Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Review: Two Wedding Crashers by Meghan Quinn



Two Wedding Crashers

Author: Meghan Quinn
Series: Dating by Numbers #2
Pages: ebook, 372 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 11th 2018



Summary:

I don’t know what love is anymore.

Well, that’s not entirely true, but I’m going to tell you a little secret: I’ve lost the spark.

You know the kind of spark I’m talking about?

Where butterflies take flight in your stomach from two hands innocently colliding. Or catching your breath when you first meet someone attractive. Yeah, that spark.

Except I haven't felt that feeling in forever; there is nothing left inside of me.

Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem--but I’m a writer on a serious deadline, and my editor is breathing down my neck for a romantic, Nicholas Sparks type love story. No pressure, right?

That's how I find myself flying across the country to crash a wedding in the name of research, dress and heels stuffed into my small suitcase.

It should be the easiest book research ever. Drinking some free champagne, basking in the love of two strangers, and tapping into my romantic side. That will be a breeze. I'm a pro. I can handle this.

Until I mistakenly end up in the wrong hotel room, naked as the day I was born, with the sexiest human I have ever met staring me down, wondering what I'm doing taking a shower in his bathroom. I don't think calling it research will get me out of this pickle.

But it will make for one hell of a story....



Review:


So it took forever and ever to read this.
Due to two reasons actually: I was reading a few books at the same time, do be exact *looks around and whispers* six. Yeah, not a proud moment there. Alas, I am slowly working on my CR list and am as of now down to two now! One NF & one cute&fluffy, like normal people. But I digress, second: It took me nearly half the book to get into it.
I mean it was funny and had its moments. But somehow though I trust that Beck is smexy and all that, I didn't see the pull. Then the wedding happened. And well, I was a goner.
I am suddenly totally in Camp Beck.

The storyline is fun, to a degree slow burn just like usual Quinn goodness and has some interesting twists.
The whole secretive about the past thing was taken to a whole new level. I mean I guessed at most of Becks past- btw I was a bit disappointed by how ..normal? .. it was. I kinda expected more extravagance. Don't ask me why. This is way more realistic and relatable, but I was feeling a bit deflated and thought, that's all. No fame no riches no... then I put the book down for a bit and thought to myself, is this where you at these days? You want your cute and fluffies to become cute and ridiculous? This is big enough as it is, there is some serious sh*t there and fame or money doesn't change that. So I actually like that aspect now. It is realistic and I like how Beck deals with it.

The character building is brilliant. I love the supporting cast. I mean I love them with a capital L. Seriously such vivid, quirky and funny cast. I want to be part of their squad.
Then there is Beck. INSERT; *LEsigh*. I think he has become one of my favourite characters by Quinn. He is in one word amazing. swoony.
okay that's two. I actually could add a whole litany of them.
I am firmly in camp Beck.
This is interesting because after reading Three Blind Dates I wasn't that interested in Beck.
I know a lot of people were totally taken by him. Me, not so much. Sure he was smexy and all alpha hotness. I know there was a brooding side to him and some big secrets. But he wasn't enticing to me. I thought it's just physical attraction. He is your usual bad boy hottie, who will be reformed... and I was proven wrong.
The slow unfolding of his past & his demons, seeing him have fun not taking himself too seriously and yet being steadfast with what's important to him? What amazing character building!
Yep as I said swoony, awesome and sigh.
Rylee, well I like her. But frankly, at times, she was too ditzy for my taste.
Her hide and run attitude kinda made me super frustrated, especially towards the end. It didn't feel stubborn, it felt childish.


This book made me laugh a lot. It is so much fun. I mean I literally laughed out loud. I was giddy with anticipation for most of the second half.
Well written, cute and swoony.
Oooooh and not to forget: BABY RED PANDAS!






So now I just have one question will we get books for the 4 Knightly brothers too?


Rating: 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...