Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review: The Warrior's Cross by Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux


The Warrior's Cross

Author: Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux
Publisher:Dreamspinner Press
Pages: ebook, 316 pages
Genre: Romance, Suspense, M/M
Release Date: August 31, 2009



Summary:

Cameron Jacobs is an open book. He considers himself a common waiter with normal friends, boring hobbies, harmless dogs, and nothing even resembling a secret... except a crush on a tall, dark, devastatingly handsome man who dines alone at his restaurant on Tuesday nights. All it takes is one passionate night with Julian Cross to turn Cameron’s world on its head.

Julian's love and devotion are all Cameron could have hoped for and more. But when his ordinary life meets and clashes with Julian's extraordinary lifestyle, Cameron discovers that trust and fear can go hand in hand, and love is just a step away from danger



Review:

*1,5 stars*

I know I'm in the minority (again) but for me Warrior's Cross was a roll eye festival. I think it's the worse book I've read by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux so far.

I read this book because my friend Vishous who knows how OCD I am when it comes to the reading order of series, recommended I read it before I start Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run series by the same authors).

The book started slow, and I'm ok with that, but then it started dragging and dragging and dragging. I know that the authors have no clue on how to write a good plot but at least the MCs in the Cut & Run series are charismatic and even if as far as I'm concerned that doesn't compensate for the lack of plot at least there is a modicum of character development. Here we have no plot, no originality, no character development and no charismatic MCs. Nothing. Rien. Nada. Oualou. Zilch.

I'm sorry, but not only I couldn't connect with Cam & Julian but I also found that the interactions between Julian and Preston were more interesting that the ones between the two MCs.

Beside all the repetitions, boring angst and predictability of the story, another thing that didn't help in this book is that here again instead of showing the action the authors simply tell what happens. I don't care if the authors tell me that the heroes are clever and the best in their parts what I want to see is some gray matter and good action scenes. So what happened when the shit hit the fan? I rolled my eyes. Again. (view spoiler)

Also, the whole books the authors try to be "mysterious" *major role eye* about Julian and what he does for a living. So we get that he's some kind of hit man but do the authors gives us a straight answer? Of course, not.

Here again, the scenes were randomly cut, which drives me nuts and the only action scene in the book was so anticlimactic it made me bangs my head.



Rating: 


(click on the name for reviews of this geek)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...