Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Deacon by Kristen Ashley


Deacon


Author: Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Kristen Ashley
Series: Unfinished Hero #4
Pages: Paperback, 332 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 23rd 2014



Summary:

Deacon has an ugly history, a history that broke him, leaving him a ghost of a man. Out of necessity, he left the normal world to descend into the criminal world and found he fit. So he stayed. Cold as ice and living off the grid, Deacon has no intention to connect, not with anyone.

Then he returns to some remote cabins in the Colorado Mountains and finds they have new owners. One of them is Cassidy Swallow, a young woman willing to work hard to live her quiet dream in a house by a river surrounded by aspen and pine.

Suddenly, Deacon finds he’s at war. Cassidy’s pull for him to connect is strong. He fights it, but he loses, always coming back for more. But when he does, he gives her nothing.

From the first time she sees him, Cassidy knows Deacon is dead inside. She knows he’s the kind of man who could destroy a woman. But one night when Deacon’s control slips, Cassidy takes a chance.

He might break her. He also might be her dream come true.




Review:



After The Will, I swore I was done with KA's new releases but I put her Unfinished Heroes series in my series challenge so I felt bound to read this one thinking it couldn't be worse than The Will.

I wasn't wrong but that doesn't mean that Deacon was good. Far be it.

The book started slow and I didn't mind it. Things started to go sour for me when after 6 years of short and random encounters Deacon and Cassidy had a kind of insta love thing. I could have dealt with the too sweet it hurt my teeth turn the story took if only:

1) there was an actual plot. Not only the story started slow, but it never took off. To be totally honest, I read small children stories (and by that I mean books with lots of pictures and little text) more exciting than Deacon.

2) the constant badass references to Deacon, were backed by real badass action by said Deacon.

3) if they had conversations that actually made sense. I swear, the dialogs were beyond ridiculous.

4) KA managed to make me believe in their insta love. I have nothing against insta love plots, but here it was just not believable.

5) so many things didn't make me roll my eyes. One of them being Deacon back story. How sad is that?

6) I could care for Cassidy or Deacon.

7) there wasn't BDSM. They have a vanilla relationship, and out of the blue they start BDSM plays... I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, even in her other books, BDSM isn't KA's forte.

8) (view spoiler) Just saying...



Thank you, V for buddy reading this with me! :-****





Rating:     boring





(click on the name for reviews of this geek)


 
This is your normal text here but the text inside these tags is a spoiler!. And then you can keep writing over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...